Friday, November 9, 2007

Environmental Philosophy in a YURT!

Last fall I took a philosophy FYI called Ecology of Perception. I still can't really describe what it was about, but I periodically get emails from my professor about environmental events in CT. This one is happening on Sunday in East Haddam.

How can a deeper understanding and experience of energy offer us a new ethics for an ecologically-destabilized world?

THE ETHICS OF ENERGY WORKSHOP AT THE EARTH CHARTER YURT

(I just need to emphasize that this workshop is in a yurt. Yurts are beyond badass, if you ask me (which you didn't)).

A fun interactive philosophical dialogue hosted by Hans Lohse (green architect), Jen Taylor (neolithic philosopher), Matthew Griffiths (fluid dynamics physicist), Justin Good (community organizer, and also my professor from last year), You (if you come!)

WHEN: 2 PM this Sunday, November 11th
WHERE: at the Yurt in the Earth Charter Sanctuary, 59 Bogel Road, East Haddam
DIRECTIONS:
  1. Come across the bridge, stay on CT-82 East (Norwich Road) through the village and up the hill.
  2. At the STOP sign turn left onto Town Street (Bistro by Benigno is on the left).
  3. Go ¼ mile north, turn Right on to Daniels Road. Go to end.
  4. Turn left onto Bogel Road. #59 on the left about 3 houses up.
  5. Take the second driveway marked YURT and LABRYNTH

No comments: