Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Will you green my valentine?

(image from inhabitat)

I just got an email from Live Earth directing me to a nice blog post about organic chocolate and flowers. There are some interesting bits of information (like "A 2 lb. shipment of flowers can end up emitting 3 times that measure of greenhouse gas emissions"), so that post might be worth a read. My favorite part of the email, though, was a tip on recycling valentines:
CLIMATE CRISIS TIP: Recycle your Valentines!
Don't throw away that candy box! Decorate those heart-shaped boxes left over when the chocolate's gone and use as picture frames, earring holders, or backpacks for dolls. Use Valentine's wrapping paper, ribbon, and leftover lace as decorations.
I'm sorry, but backpacks for dolls? What? If you make a doll backpack out of your recycled valentines, please let me know--I would love to see that. No, I need to see that.

No comments: