Wednesday, September 19, 2007

History of Environmentalism at Wesleyan

1) So I found this completely by accident, but I think it's really interesting (especially for EON). Basically, there was a (now defunct?) History tutorial sometime in the early 2000s (I just want to say that it's really awkward to write "2000s") set up with the intent of improving institutional memory.

You can read about the project here, and specifically about environmental activism at Wesleyan here.

2) I also found this by accident...and by this I mean E3's website. E3 (which stands for Earth, Equality, Education) was the environmental organization on campus at around the same time the Wesleyan History Project was happening. They accomplished a lot (particularly in regards to recycling, which I definitely take for granted). I'm not sure what happened to them (maybe they morphed into EON?)

No comments: